It is a triangular fortification around a tower. It was built by the Carlists on a hill in the middle of the meander in 1837, and protected a centennial passage of the Ebro river by boat on the way to Lleida.

Considered operative during the First and Third Carlist War, the fortress was a very solid Carlist enclave and did not fall until the end of the hostilities, after being assaulted by the troops of the general Eduardo Gamir, on June, 19, 1875. The castle has been recently restored and can be visited on previous appointment.

Castell De Flix, 41.238033, 0.555600
How to arrive?