What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information on their visitors, as well as to operate the website effectively.
Through the use of devices the web server is permitted to store some information on users, such as their preferences for viewing the pages of this server, name and password, the products they are most interested in, etc.
Cookies affected by the regulations and exempt cookies
According to the EU directive, cookies that require the informed consent of users are the analytics cookies and advertising and affiliate cookies, while those of a technical nature and those required for the provision of a service expressly requested by users are exempt.
What types of cookies are there?
There are five major cookie type groups:
- Analytics cookies: used to collect information on website usage.
- Social media cookies: those required for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: used to track visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (member companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: to collect information on the personal preferences and choices of users (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: those strictly necessary for the use of the website and to provide the requested service.
Cookies we use in our website:
|_ga, _gat||Google Analytics. Statistics service. These cookies collect anonymous information on users’ browsing of the website to know the origin of visits and other statistics.|
|__unam||Social media cookie used when information from the web space is shared through social networks.|
|SESS||Technical cookie used to store user sessions.|
|Other cookies||Technical cookies used to offer a better browsing experience to users.|